Start banking from wherever you are.
Alabama Credit Union is expanding our mobile banking options to meet the increasing connectivity needs of our members. Now you can securely and conveniently pay bills, transfer funds, check balances, search recent account activity and find the nearest ATM or branch location, all from your smartphone!
- ACUmBranch℠ is our brand-new banking application for Smartphones. Download it today, register your ACU account and start managing your money anytime, anywhere.
- Text Banking works through your phone’s SMS text messaging, and delivers real-time account information. It's a fast, easy way to look up account balances or recent account history by sending a text command to a short-code.
For more information on Text Banking including Smartphone Commands view this helpful FAQ.
Enroll and Go Mobile, Right Now!
Current ACUiBranch® users:
- Log in to ACUiBranch® from your computer by visiting AlabamaCU.com.
- Go to the “User Services” tab and choose the “Mobile Enrollment” option from the “Manage Account” box.
- Enroll your mobile phone and follow the activation instructions. You can choose either Text Banking, Mobile App OR both services.
- Download the ACUmBranch℠ app from your phone’s Market.
New ACUiBranch® users:
- Enroll in our online service, ACUiBranch® *Please note: Once you’ve completed the ACUiBranch® application, your Access ID will be mailed to your account address in approximately one week.
- Once you’ve received your ACUiBranch® Access ID, follow the instructions above to enroll in ACUmBranch℠
View our helpful Tip Sheet with information such as Features, General Questions and Troubleshooting.
What is Alabama Credit Union Text Banking?
Alabama Credit Union Text Banking gives you access to your accounts via text (SMS) messages on your phone. It’s a fast, easy way to look up account balances or recent account history by sending a text command to a shortcode.
What is the Albama Credit Union short code?
The Alabama Credit Union shortcode will be provided to you once you enroll in Text Banking. For ease of use, we recommend that you add this number to your phone’s address book or contacts and name it something that you will easily recognize, such as “ACU Text Banking.”
Can I use both Text Banking and Mobile Banking on my phone?
Yes, you can use both options from the same phone. To do so you will need to activate each option on your phone prior to use. We recommend that you activate both Text Banking and Mobile Banking when you enroll, even if you aren’t sure that you will want to use both. By activating both at the time of your enrollment, you’ll eliminate the need to make changes later.
Is Text Banking supported on my phone?
Alabama Credit Union Text Banking will work on any text message (SMS) capable phone from one of our supported carriers. Please remember that there may be an extra charge to send or receive text messages.
Will I receive unsolicited text messages?
No. You will only receive messages when you specifically request them with one of the Text Banking commands.
What are the Text Banking commands?
Balance — B
Summary of available balances for all accounts
History — H
Summary of recent transactions per account
Command — C
List of available Text Banking Commands
Help — He
Help content for Text Banking
Login — L
Receive a URL for the ACUiBranch® Mobile Browser Website
Stop — S
De-activate all Alabama Credit Union text services
These FAQs are also available as a downloadable PDF.