Other Ways of Donating
Stop by any Alabama Credit Union location to make a donation.
Make a check payable to either, West Alabama Food Bank, Food Bank of North Alabama,
or Bay Area Food Bank. RE: Secret Meals for Hungry Children Program.
Mail to: Alabama Credit Union, Attn: Secret Meals, P.O. Box 862998 Tuscaloosa, AL 35486
Use convenient payroll deduction.
For a payroll deduction to be set up for each payroll check, please select the correct form below,
fill it out and give it to your employer's payroll department.
» North Alabama Form » West Alabama Form » Bay Area Form
Doing your Part
Enroll a School
Please call Alabama Credit Union at 888.817.2002 or email SecretMeals@AlabamaCU.com.
Become a Volunteer
Many fundraising opportunities are scheduled through Alabama Credit Union's Community Involvement Committee. If you'd like to volunteer your time, please email SecretMeals@AlabamaCU.com.
1. Can I contribute food, such as fresh vegetables or canned goods?
Unfortunately, not for this program. The regional food banks purchase these food packs
in bulk from Feeding America to keep costs low.
2. Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes, to the extent allowed by law, if your check is made payable to the regional food bank
that you choose to support. Make your check payable to one of the following:
- West Alabama Food Bank — Secret Meals
- Food Bank Of North Alabama — Secret Meals
- Bay Area Food Bank — Secret Meals
3. Can I help distribute the food packs to the children?
While your offer is appreciated, it's important that the identities of the children remain
unknown to anyone except school officials.
4. Is there a minimum amount I must contribute?
No. Donations of all amounts are greatly appreciated.
5. Do hungry children receive food packs during the summer or extended school holidays?
Unfortunately, no. However, summer meals are provided through regional food banks.