Your home is where our heart is.
Whether you are upsizing for your growing family, or scaling it down for a better fit, Alabama Credit Union will help you find the mortgage that's right for you.
When you're ready to buy or refinance your home, Alabama Credit Union is ready with up to 90% financing, and a variety of Fixed-Rate and consumer friendly Adjustable Rate Mortgages.
Our 'in-house' Mortgage Loan Program features:
- Low closing costs.
- Less documentation required for a credit decision (usually requires two years' proof of income, copy of sales contract or deed).
- Fixed (up to 15 years) and variable-rate (up to 30 years) loan products.
- Financing up to 90%
- Competitive rates.
- No points on Adjustable Rate Mortgages.
- Low origination fees.
- Rate protection locks at no charge to you. If your loan is being processed and rates increase, we'll honor the rate you were disclosed. If our same-product rate falls while your loan is being processed you get the lower rate!
- Loans for home purchases, home construction and home refinances, vacant lots and vacant land.
- Rates updated daily
Other Mortgage products include:
- Competitive rates.
- Closing costs comparable to those charged by national mortgage lenders.
- Fixed-rate (up to 30 years), variable-rate, first-time buyer and other special products.
- High loan-to-value limits.
- Escrow for property taxes and hazard insurance.
- Loans usually closed through a corporation that exclusively serves credit unions, and has never sold a member's loan.
- Loans for purchases, construction and refinances.
Home Equity Line of Credit
Because there's always room for home improvement.
There's no loan more adaptable than our Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC). You can borrow up to 90% of the value of your home (less any outstanding mortgage); you can repay as quickly as you wish or make only the minimum monthly payment; you may be aBle to use the interest you pay as a tax deductions (consult your tax advisor); and you can use the loan for any purpose you wish.
Alabama Credit Union makes home equity line of credit even easier. Here, there's no annual fee. Approvals usually come within 24 hours. Once approved, your line of credit is good for up to 15 years and is instantly accessible to you through our online ACUiBranch®. When you borrow at least $10,000 and agree to owe us at least $5,000 after the first 24 months, Alabama Credit Union will pay closing costs***.
Auto & Home Insurance through Liberty Mutual: 888.888.0375
Rates are for reference only and are subject to change for better or worse, depending on market condition. Real estate loan applications not accepted via e-mail; please download a printed application, complete and forward to Alabama Credit Union’s main office at 220 Paul Bryant Drive East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401.
**Maximum closing costs to be paid by Alabama Credit Union may not exceed $1,300.00; if closing costs exceed $1,300.00, borrower is required to pay those closing costs in excess of $1,300.00 prior to or at time of closing. No origination fee will be charged if loan balance remains above $5,000 for at least 24 months after closing; if loan balance falls below $5,000 within 24 months of closing, closing costs paid by Alabama Credit Union plus a $500 origination fee will be charged to borrower(s).
**$500 off Closing Costs Disclosure: Membership Eligibility required. Alabama Credit Union (“Lender”) offers several real estate mortgage products for home or land purchase, home construction and home refinance. Annual Percentage Rates and terms for some product rates and terms may be featured at AlabamaCU.com; Annual Percentage Rates and terms for other mortgage products change frequently and are therefore available upon request to Alabama Credit Union’s Mortgage Loan Department at (888) 817-2002. Redemption of $500 Off Of Closing Costs coupon (“Closing Costs coupon”) subject to applicant’s submission and Lender’s approval of Universal Residential Loan Application. Closing Costs coupon not redeemable for cash, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen; value of Closing Costs coupon may only be applied to closing costs of real estate mortgage loan closed with Alabama Credit Union. Closing Costs coupon must be submitted at time of Loan Application that occurs on or prior to coupon expiration date, and may not be used in conjunction with any other offer for discounted closing costs for any real estate mortgage loan at Alabama Credit Union. Closing Costs coupon may not be used to refinance existing mortgage loans at Alabama Credit Union. Closing Costs coupon may be redeemed on real estate mortgage loan closed within 90 days of date that Closing Costs coupon is presented by member to Alabama Credit Union; a photocopy of Closing Costs coupon is not acceptable. Closing cost coupon may not be redeemed on some mortgage products; ask for details.