Why choose Alabama Credit Union?
- On-campus branch(s), with ATMs around campus and Tuscaloosa, plus 30,000 surcharge free nationwide CO-OP ATMs
- Backed with over 50 years of experience serving The University of Alabama and The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAHuntsville)
- No fee checking. No minimum balance, No monthly fee, free ATM/Debit Card.
- Free 24/7 Online and Mobile app account access
Two easy ways to get started!
ONLINE: You can open your Alabama Credit Union Student Checking account online.
ON-CAMPUS: You can also open your account in person during Freshman Orientation at our on-campus branch.
- In Tuscaloosa the branch address is 220 Paul W. Bryant Drive, East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- In Huntsville the branch address is 851 John Wright Drive, Huntsville, AL 35899
We make it easy to have money transferred into your account.
Parents can transfer money to your checking account with multiple options, including:
- Deposit checks directly with ACUZiposit mobile deposit feature via our Mobile App.
- Use PopMoney to send or receive funds in as little as one business day with only an email address, mobile phone number or account number.
- Mail a deposit to Alabama Credit Union, P.O. Box 862998, Tuscaloosa, AL 35486
- Make a deposit at any Alabama Credit Union office
- Wire funds from parent's existing account
- Free access to CO-OP Shared Branch network with more than 5,000 locations nationwide that allow for deposits directly to Alabama Credit Union
Open an account
To become a member, deposit $5 into a savings account and pay a one-time $1 membership fee.
If you are under 19, a parent or guardian must be a joint owner of the account (savings and checking)
All account owners/joint owners must:
- Provide a valid state-issued driver's license or state-issued non-drivers's ID
- Provide a Social Security number or Tax Identification Number
- Sign account signature cards
For more information
Call our Member Care Center at 888.817.2002