Type: Checking Account
Help a worthy cause when you write a check.
Through our Pink Ribbon Checking account, you can help stamp out breast cancer by creating much-needed funding for research and awareness. Your Pink Ribbon Checking account works the same as our FREE Checking account, except there is a small yearly donation of $24 deducted from your account that will be sent to the Susan G. Komen Foundation to help fight breast cancer. On top of that, Alabama Credit Union will match every member's donation with an additional $12 -- for a total of $36 per year, per account.
Plus, to show that you support finding the cures for breast cancer, you can purchase Pink Ribbon checks and a portion of the proceeds support the Y-ME Breast Cancer Organization and the Cancer Therapy and Research Center (CTRC).
Chances are, you have been affected by breast cancer. Here at the facts* you need to know:
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women worldwide.
- The American Cancer Society estimates that in 2012, about 226,870 women will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer and about 39,510 will die from breast cancer.
- The majority of breast cancer cases are "sporadic," meaning there is no direct family history of the disease.
- 1 in 8 women (12%) will develop breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death in women.
- There are 2.5 million breast cancer survivors living in the U.S.
*Statistics obtained August 2012, from Susan G. Komen For The Cure.